Thursday, June 9, 2016

Firecracker & Blossoms!


Hello BoBunny fans! Are you ready for another mixed media project from me? For today's project, I've chosen to use the bright and fun, "Firecracker" collection with some blossoms.

Sea Of Knowledge by Irene Tan
Sea Of Knowledge Layout by Irene Tan using BoBunny Firecracker Collection

I've chosen to use the Dahlia blossoms to add to this boyish layout. It helps to add some colors and soften the layout but still being able to avoid it being too feminine. I love how these blossoms add so much textures and dimensions to the layout.

Sea Of Knowledge Layout by Irene Tan using BoBunny Firecracker Collection

For the mixed media part, I've used several techniques to create the textures, design and layers in the background, For layering, I've created a stenciled big circle using inks. I've also painted the area underneath the photograph with black gesso and later stenciled on top of with using "Oh My Stars" stickable stencil and glitter paste. For a little distressing, I've sprayed it with some gold and bronze glimmer spray.

Sea Of Knowledge Layout by Irene Tan using BoBunny Firecracker Collection

Sea Of Knowledge Layout by Irene Tan using BoBunny Firecracker Collection

To create the title, I've used the "Alphabet" stickable stencil and sticker. Hope you all find this layout inspiring and start playing! See you all soon!

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Honor, Celebration, Fired Up, Patriot/Firecracker
Double Dot: Gingerbread Vintage
Stickers: Tuxedo Alphabet
Brads: Firecracker
Rub-Ons: Accents Gold Foil Transfer
Chipboard: Firecracker
Stamps: I Heart Stars
Blossoms: Buttercup Dahlia
Dot Jewels: Citrus
Pearlescent: Licorice
Ink Pad: Licorice
Glimmer Spray: Bronze, Gold
Glitter Paste: Lemonade
Stickable Stencils: Oh My Stars, Alphabet
Tools: Flexible Paint Palette Knife
Gesso: Black

No comments:

Post a Comment