Thursday, June 23, 2016

Firecracker Mixed Media Layout!


Celebrate Scrapbook Page designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Celebrate Scrapbook Page featuring Firecracker Collection by BoBunny and Pearlescents designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Greetings, I am so excited to share with you my page today featuring the Firecracker collection accented with Pearlescents and other mixed media. I have used the "Oh My Stars" Stickable Stencil and the Sugar Pearlescents to accent the star shapes within the patterned paper here, as well as my Laser Cut Chipboard title.

Every Fourth of July we visit the same local place to watch the fireworks display. It has become a tradition for the boys to bring along a light up toy of some sort so they can entertain themselves while they wait. Last year we were playing quite a while until it dawned on me that I had not captured any photos! I'm so glad that even if the quality isn't perfect, you can at least still see some fireworks in the one photo background.


To create my textured effect for my Laser Cut Chipboard title, I first applied some Sugar Pearlescents on the chipboard using a craft mat underneath.


Once evenly applied, I coated a layer of white pearl embossing powder on top, then shook off the excess and used my heat embossing gun to emboss.


I like the extra texture and interest that it added to the Laser Cut Chipboard. Next, I used Brilliant Blue Pearlescents on the Trellis Tag behind it, but I let the pretty shine from the Pearlescents finish the tag.

Celebrate Scrapbook Page featuring Firecracker Collection by BoBunny and Pearlescents designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

I stamped a bit and randomly splattered Glimmer Spray in Gold, Sugar and Frost. I then added a few of the Silver Foil Transfers to add a bit of sparkle and shine. A few Dot Jewels were added to some of my embellishments as an accent. 

Celebrate Scrapbook Page featuring Firecracker Collection by BoBunny and Pearlescents designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Thanks so much for stopping on over today, I hope you enjoyed my project.

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Firecracker, Picnic and Freedom / Firecracker
6x6 Paper Pad: Firecracker
Foil Vellum Paper: Firecracker
Brads: Firecracker
Chipboard: Layered Chipboard, 6x12 Chipboard / Firecracker
Noteworthy: Firecracker
Pearlescents: Sugar and Brilliant Blue
Dies: Terrific Tags
Glimmer Spray: Sugar, Gold and Frost
Stickable Stencil: Oh My Stars
Stamps: Stained Textures, To The Point and It Is Written
Silver Foil Transfers: Accents
Laser Cut Chipboard: Celebrate and Trellis Tags 
Dot Jewels: Double Dot Ruby and Double Dot Blue Hues 

No comments:

Post a Comment