Saturday, June 25, 2016

Snazzy Firecracker Cards!


Firecracker Cards by Tracee Provis

Firecracker cards by Tracee Provis Bo Bunny 01

Hi BoBunny fans, today I have some cards to share that I created using the adorable Firecracker Collection. The Firecracker Collection is a wonderful line that incorporates July 4th and much much more.

Firecracker cards by Tracee Provis Bo Bunny 02

For my first card I started with a white base, then stenciled some clouds and a sun using Glitter Paste and Pearlescents.


I stamped the hot air balloons and the clock with stamps from the Dreamer set. I stamped the hot air balloons a second time onto patterned paper from the Firecracker 6 x 6 paper pad, I then fussy cut just the balloon part and layered it over the original shape.

Firecracker cards by Tracee Provis Bo Bunny 03

You can use the BoBunny Pearlescents in a number of different ways, this time I used the Brilliant Blue Pearlescents and painted my cloud shapes. They have a real shimmer and you can water them down to create different shades. After they were dry I used a mixture of Lemonade and Gold Glitter Paste and the Summertime Stickable Stencil set to make my sun in the clouds.



I wish we celebrated July 4th here in England it looks like so much fun! I always make a card for my friend over in the USA and I love the little children that feature in the Firecracker collection so I decided to make him the focus of my card.

Firecracker cards by Tracee Provis Bo Bunny 06

I layered up some papers from the collection and placed my fussy cut image in the centre, I used the On This Day stamp set to create my sentiment. BoBunny produces a set of Stamp Blocks, they are really great as they have a grid etched on for you to stamp your stamps exactly where you want them.


Firecracker cards by Tracee Provis Bo Bunny 07

For my final card I chose one of the 3 x 4 sections of the paper and carefully cut away the white parts, this left me with a red and blue starburst that I mounted onto a slightly larger white piece. In the white parts I added a small dot of Silver Pearlescents.

Firecracker cards by Tracee Provis Bo Bunny 08

I used the same technique with the balloons as I did on the first card. I cut out a small circle and added my sentiment to it, with a few more of the Silver Pearlescents to make a simple greeting. I wanted to keep this card simple but I felt it needed a little something more, so I cut some clouds from vellum using the Fly Away die. I turn to this die time after time as I love cloud shapes. Thank you for spending time with me today, see you soon!

Bo Bunny Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper; Anthem, Picnic/Firecracker, 6 x 6 Paper Pad/Firecracker
Pearlescents; Brilliant Blue, Silver, Island Mist
Brads; Firecracker 
Glitter Paste; Lemonade, Gold
Stamps; Dreamer, Icons, On This Day
Stencils; Summertime
Dies; Fly Away, Picture This

No comments:

Post a Comment