Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Wintery Sunday Funday!


"Let it Snow" Winter Celebration Decor with Rhonda Van Ginkel


Welcome to Sunday Funday on the blog today. I created a home decor pallet in celebration and anticipation of winter and snow featuring Winter Wishes and DoubleDot Jewels. In selecting my background patterned paper for this project, I loved these birch trees with the cool crisp feel of winter.


I base coated the wooden pieces with Pentart White Acrylic Paint, then adhered the Winter Wishes paper to them. When I next applied my texture using Sugar Glitter Paste and Structure Paste with the Winter Fun Stickable Stencil, I adhered all pieces together snugly, let dry. 

Once the textures dried, a bit of Glimmer Spray splatters were added. When those dried, I separated and attached the panels to the backing wood pieces.


I selected my sentiment from the coordinating Combo Stickers and accented with DoubleDot Jewels in Think Pink and Tuxedo. Several of the BoBunny dies were used to cut a variety of shapes for layering. I did a bit of fussy cutting from the papers to keep it interesting. 

I like to cut a variety of shapes from different papers all at once, and then sit down with my project and layer. It makes things go a little quicker for me.


One last image to show off the pretty textures achieved by using the different mediums and mixing in the DoubleDot Jewels and Jewel Flourish.

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Winter Wishes, Beautiful, Boughs, Chill, Magic and Wonderland / Winter Wishes
Noteworthy: Winter Wishes
Stickers: Combo Sticker 12x12 / Winter Wishes
Glitter Paste: Sugar
Glimmer Spray: Sugar, Gold and Bronze
DoubleDot Brads: Aqua
DoubleDot Jewels: Tuxedo and Think Pink
Stickable Stencils: Winter Fun
Pearlescents: Sugar
Pentart: Structure Paste and Creamy Acrylic White Paint
Stamps: Postale, Stained Textures and It Is Written
BoBunny White Gesso 
Jewels Flourishes: Glaze
Dies: Terrific Nested Tags, Fanciful, Ornate Doilies and Picture This
Laser Cut Chipboard: Timepiece
Doilies: Small 4"

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Speechless...This is so Beautiful, Stunning and so Elegant!!
    Love, Love, Love!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - definitely a winter winner!

    ReplyDelete