Thursday, June 1, 2017

Stencils, Down by the Sea and Mixed Media with Shizuka


Hello BoBunny friends!! It's Shizuka here today.

This time I will introduce my latest  summer layout tutorial using the beautiful new BoBunny collection, Down by the Sea. 

This is the layout I made with the new line and all the fun embellishments. 

"Wild and Free" by Shizuka 


First, I used acrylic paint on the jagged edges of the paper.  Next, I chose pattern papers  looking like water and sandy beach  Then, I imaged the flow of water and teared the paper and piled it up in nice uneven layeres to give interest to the final look.



Next I used Pentart Cracking Paint System 1 and 2. First I brushed Component 1 on a couple of strategic spots. This is a primer for cracking paint. When 1 is dry, I went for it with component paint 2. I painted it with a putty knife, to get a nice thick effect, but of course you can paint with a brush.

Thecrackles from the first step, cracked dynamically. I painted 2 also on the part that did not paint 1, but I made fine cracks here. I like it as well, but both create really nice textured effects.


Next, I also applied texture using one of the BoBunny new THICK stencils and Pentart stencil paste. It looks so great to have a stiff paste in a thick stencil and to end with a three-dimensional feeling. I love it!




Next is a technique that gives a cool texture and a few must have pops of color and metal. I think that Confetti Paste and Glitter Paste are the best mixed media, for a sparkle effect.


Confetti Paste can easily add bling by simply painting it on your surface. The glue carrier dries totally clear, so the end result is a just like chunky, sprakly confetti. It give a gorgeous and polished look at the same time. Furthermore, when glitter paste is randomly added with fingers, sparkling increases and it is wonderful.


After attaching white acrylic paint or Gesso to the sponge and tapping lightly, after applying the glitter paste sugar, you can express splashy splashes.








I hope you like recreating these techniques as much as I have for everyone's summer layout.

Thank you!!



Shizuka



BoBunny Supplies;


Patterned Paper; Down by the Sea / Lagoon, Mermaids, Mystical, Paradise, Ripples, Seahorse, Wonder

Noteworthy

Chipboard;

Craft Die; Mandala

Stencils; Backsplash

Confetti; Gold

Glitter Paste; Seafoam, Sugar, Turquoise

Glimmer Spray; Frost

Pearlescents; Sugar

Double Dot Brads; Aqua

Double Dot Jewels; Aqua



Pentart Supplies

Cracking Paint System Componet 1&2 Country Blue

Stencil Paste Pearl



No comments:

Post a Comment