Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Be the Light-Mixed Media Layout-with Elena O


"Be the Light" Layout

Hello BoBunny friends. Elena is here today.

August is one of my favorite months, and I like it for the colors it is filled with - mostly bright colors like tan, gold, yellow and  orange.

However I love these colors in my daily life and for my today's post it was a bit of fun to use them for my layout.

faith_layout_elena_Aug22_01

  I used Faith collection and it is bold and bright, full of expression.

faith_layout_elena_Aug22_02


  I started with creating the layers over my 2 pictures, and since my youngest holds the large ball in his hands, it has determined the shape for the most part of my embellishments



faith_layout_elena_Aug22_02

  I cut out some of the scalloped circles from the papers, as well as some doodled flowers.

faith_layout_elena_Aug22_03

  Then I followed the circle theme and stenciled some of them with the glitter paste

faith_layout_elena_Aug22_04

I also played with coloring some spaces with Pentart acrylic paints.

faith_layout_elena_Aug22_05


But the main focus was this light bulb, and the phrase within it.



BoBunny Supplies:

Patterned Paper: Faith/Faith*, Happiness, Rejoice

6x6 Paper Pad: Faith

Stencil: Backsplash

Glitter Paste: Lavender

Gesso: White



Pentart Supplies:

Delicate Metallic: Rose Gold

Glamour Metallic: Rich Gold

Acrylic Paints: Semi Gloss/ Red, Trumpet Flower, Blue, Nimbus


1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous layout! Sometimes a lot of detailed layering overwhelms the photo, but not here - it really is perfect! And I really love your addition of the little understated phrase, "You are the center of my universe."

    ReplyDelete