Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter 12 x 12 Layout features Cottontail and BoBunny Essentials with Marilyn


Hello Everyone!

It's Marilyn here today to share with you an Easter page that I created with the beautiful new Cottontail collection.  I'll take this opportunity to wish you a Happy Easter!


I took this beautiful neutral ivory paper from the collection I find it's easier to highlight soft colors if you use a neutral base like I did in this page. I cut from the papers the different images like the adorable eggs, flowers, fence and tag then I adhered them with Sticky Thumb adhesive foam dots to create dimension, and a nice focal point for the right side of this page.


I gave textures and design on the background with a Flower Power Stickable Stencil and white gesso. After it was dry, I traced the shapes of the flowers with gel pens in colors similar to the papers, to make the flowers pop! I placed some mint colored craft grass and some 3D balls for a taste of mixed media, and some extra Easter flavor!


I distressed all the eggs with ink and added a dot of Pearlescents in Butterscotch color in the center of each flower.


I love the simple title I chose here. It's the adorable Happy Easter layered chipboard from the same collection.


Finally,  I added some pearls here and there for the final touch!! I hope you find some inspiration...Happy Easter!!!

BoBunny Supplies:
Pattern Paper- Cottontail Collection- Gardening, Festive, Cottontail
Layered Chipboard- Cottontail
Stickable Stencil- Flower Power
Double Dot Jewel- Tuxedo
Pearlescents- Butterscotch

American Craft
Sticky Thumb- adhesive foam tape, tape runner

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love how you did the background of gesso flowers and outlined them - very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout, love the technique!

    ReplyDelete