Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Altered Box using Early Bird with Marilyn

Hello BoBunny fans! It's Marilyn here, I want to share with you an altered box that I created with the Early Bird collection. My daughter Paola loves tea and I decorated this box to keep her tea bags.
I started measuring all the sides of a cardboard box that I bought at the local craft store. I cut pieces of paper following the measures and covered the box. I chose the yellows, blues and coral paper colors from the collection.

 I gave the textures with the Lace stencil and modeling paste and applied crackle paste in the corners of the box's lid. I cut out different images from the papers to make the composition.

It's easier to work with the stickables stencil because they adhere to the paper while you're applying the paste and textures.
Here is one side of the box. As you can see I give details to each inch around the lid.  I painted with white paint the Foliage Laser Cut Chipboard that adhered on the top.  I decorated with the die cuts, layered chipboards, stickers and images from the papers.
This is how it looks from the other side. I added foam dots behind the roses and butterflies to give dimension .


I covered the interior with the same papers. I removed the lid and the tea bags fit perfect inside the box. I hope it inspires you to alter any box that you already have. Thanks for stopping by...until next time! xx

Marilyn


BoBunny Supplies:

Pattern Paper- Early Bird: Arrival, Hopeful, Enchanted, Flutter, Early Bird

Noteworthy- Early Bird

Layered Chipboard Stickers- Early Bird

Stickers- Early Bird

Stickable Stencil- Lace

Dot Jewels- Black Tuxido,

Dot Brads- Emerald

Laser Cut Chipboard- Foliage

American Craft:

Sticky Thumb Runner Adhesive

Sticky Thumb Foam Dots





2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love to make things for friends that look pretty and still serve a purpose - the tea box surely does both!

    ReplyDelete