Monday, January 21, 2019

Creative Layouts: Tree Tradition with Angela


Hello BoBunny friends! Angela here with a fun layout featuring Winter Getaway collection. I’m sure most of you still have tons of Christmas photos to scrapbook and so do I. I had this sweet pic of my boys while they were busy preparing our Christmas tree and I had to use it!
Winter_Getaway_Layout_Angela_Jan21_01.jpg





I started the page selecting the paper and I found that Evergreen paper, with its little trees was perfect for what I had in mind. 
I roughly drew the same tree shape of the pattern paper on a piece of paper in two different sizes, one big and one smaller. I fussy cut them and used them as a template. I transfer the shape of the big tree onto the Evergreen paper and with a precision knife I cut the tree. 




To back the empty space I chose the green Woodland paper. At this point I decided to make something crazy! I Started stitching all the teeny tiny leaves of the paper. I was a long work, but it worth it, I love the result so very much.


Winter_Getaway_Layout_Angela_Jan21_03.jpg


I cut out also the small tree from the 6x6 paper pad of Winter Getaway, because I thought that small patterns worked better. 




To give a more finished look, I stitched all around the trees, the two big, the positive and the negative of the cut out and the small one, using tree different embroidery stitching, the back stitch, the chain stitch, the blanket stitch.


Winter_Getaway_Layout_Angela_Jan21_05.jpg


The page was pretty busy but I wanted to add a pop of color. I want for the red flowers of the collection. Some of them are from the Noteworthy pack of the collection, while I fussy cut others from Winter Getaway Branches paper.



Winter_Getaway_Layout_Angela_Jan21_06.jpg


To make the title stand out on such I full page, I used a trick, I added a long strip op vellum and adhered the letter stickers straight on it.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you liked the layout and you are feeling inspired to create your unique embroidery piece of scrapbook page.

Love,
Angela



BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Winter Getaway Evergreen/ Woodland/ Branches
6x6 Paper Pad
Noteworthy: Winter Getaway
Stickers: Land of Wonder Glitter Foam stickers

Other Supplies:
American Crafts Sticky Thumb adhesive and foam tabs





4 comments: