Sunday, March 4, 2018

Easel Fold Card Duo featuring Stay Awhile with Katherine



Hello Everyone, 

Katherine here with some really easy Easel Fold cards using Stay Awhile.  This sort of card is great because it folds flat which is great for posting.


My basic design is a 12" by 4" piece of double dot card stock which I fold at 6" and then 9", both of those fold are mountain folds.  To make the card stand up you add an area on foam pads (in the case above the flower square) on the inside of your card, so you can tuck the front of the card behind it.

To decorate my cards I added a 5 3/4" by 3 3/4" purple panel from the paper Welcome on the base of my card and then as there is a fold in the middle of the front cover I added 2 panels to the front of my card (you can see this best in the last photo where both cards are flat).  To disguise the fold I created my colourful hills and just stuck them to the bottom panel, the same with the house so that they pop-up when you fold the card.



I snipped the hills to make it look like grass and inked the edges of all the papers to add a little more definition.


Here you can see the square that the front cover tucks behind, I added some of the Double Dot Blue Hues jewels on the flowers to coordinate with the ones on the main card to tie the looks together.


The same template, but this time I cut out lots of the coffee cuts, the perfect card for a coffee lover!  I stuck the coffee cups just to the bottom fold so that they pop up.


My sentiment is on foam pads which meant I could tuck all the cups behind it, and I added a few coordinating jewels for just a bit of shine.


Another coffee cup to provide the stop and hold the card up.


This should give you an idea of what the cards look like when flat, you can see the panel at the base and top on the front of the cards and how it  has been disguised with the hills and coffee cups.


BoBunny Supplies

Patterned Papers: Stay Awhile  - Welcome, Neighbours, Mugs,Cozy and Warm
6" Pad: Stay a While
Double Dot: Rust and Vintage Dot Kiwi
Stickers: Stay Awhile
Wooden Shape: Hears
Jewels: Blue Hues and Mocha
Paint: White Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment