Saturday, March 3, 2018

Vintage Altered Wine Bottle with Solange


Hello Everyone! It's Solange Marques here on the BoBunny blog today!

When the mood to craft strikes me, I love to create unique projects using everyday items.  So, today I'll share with you an altered wine bottle I crafted using BoBunny Stickable Stencils, mixed media sprays and pastes with a few bits of the "Only You" collection.  One thing I adore about this collection is that it is full of vintage styled elements that become the inspiration of my projects.



First I've covered the bottle with BoBunny Gesso and after with a few different but similar colors of acrylic paint to give it textrue and interest. Then I've applied modeling paste using a Stickable Stencil. Then, I applied ink pad on stencil just slightly shifted so it created a kind of ghosted pattern.


I've cut out some of my favorite elements from the papers- the cherub, hearts, flowers and leaves papers which I then glued on the bottle.  Then, I used three different colors of Glimmer Spray, to give the bottle an antique feel, and just a hint of shimmery sparkle. 


To finish the look, I've added a length of distressed, double metallic, wired ribbon, purposely knotted and formed for a non uniform touch.  Finally, a splash of color using BoBunny crocheted blossoms.


I've made a video to show how I've created it.



Thanks for stopping in today!  Hope to see you again!

BoBunny Supplies:

Patterned papers: Noteworthy/Only You
Stickable Stencil: Lots of Love
Gesso: White
Glimmer Sprays: Tutu,  Bronze, Gold
Blossoms: Wildberry Bouquet







No comments:

Post a Comment