Friday, August 23, 2013

Autumn Song

Today we have a couple layouts created by some of our new design team members using one of BoBunny's newest collections Autumn Song. Let's take a look at what they created!

 photo Aug-22-post_zps1ad2d4c5.jpg

Life Captured by Lisa Novogrodski

"As soon as I dove into the Autumn Song collection I knew exactly which photo I was going to use. This photo of my daughter was taken by a photographer friend of mine a couple of years ago. We were at one of our local parks and she got a great shot of Tahlia playing in the leaves on this crisp fall day! I also knew when I opened up this pack of Autumn Song that I was going to use the plum tones and do one of my favorite techniques- fussy cutting! I created the misted background using a "garbage bag" technique - I have a little tutorial on how to do this on my blog: Living In Color.

I wanted this layout to have movement and continue the feel of the photo which the leaves being thrown in the air and captured in that moment forever. Hence my choice for a title -"Life Captured"."

 photo Aug-22-1_zps0a18d487.jpg

 photo Aug-22-2_zps4582dd74.jpg

Designer Tips: Stamp on your flowers! Here I have used the Autumn Song Stamps to add some texture and a bit of grunge to my florals. Use Packaging for your photo mat! I have my packaging from my BoBunny Blooms to back up my photo!

BoBunny Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Melody, Beautiful/Autumn Song
Cardstock: Maize Vintage, Burnt Orange Dot
Stickers: Autumn Song Combo Sticker, Autumn Song Dimensional Stickers
Blossoms: Harvest Orange Daisy
Chipboard: Autumn Song 12 x12 Chipboard
Brads: Autumn Song
Stamps: Autumn Song


1 photo IMG_5247_zpsd30cc623.jpg

A Mother's Love by Bernii Miller

"I am totally and utterly crazy in love with water colour at the moment, and as soon as I went through the Autumn Song collection I knew instantly that I wanted to create a warming , heartfelt layout based around water colour. To help the water colour grip to the paper ( with out having to use water colour paper) I used a stencil and painted on some gesso. This really helps the water colour to sit on top of the paper and not seep through , which then tends to water down the colour. I LOVE bright colours so this helps to layer the watercolor on top of the gesso which gives me the desired pop of colour I look for."

 photo IMG_5252_zpsb30e006f.jpg

2 photo IMG_5249_zps1a25611c.jpg

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Autumn Song, Autumn Song Leaves/ Autumn Song
Cardstock: Double Dot Grape
Stickers: Autumn Song Cardstock Sticker; Autumn Song Dimensional Stickers
Noteworthy: Autumn Song
Stamps: Autumn Song
Jewels: Autumn Song

Photography credit: Lucia Photography

Thanks for stopping by the BoBunny blog today and we hope you enjoyed these layouts using Autumn Song!

11 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous collection and you both rocked it! Amazing lay-outs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work ladies! I love the bright vibrant colors and how you each showcased them so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layouts. The colors are so warm looking. My favorite season is summer, but I love the warm colors of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous!! I just used this collection for a DT project!! Can't wait to share it!!! The colors in this collection are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not ready to give up summer yet, but these are two beautiful layouts for fall, love all the layering and the gorgeous color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just so beautiful love the collection

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both layouts are so beautiful! I really appreciate the hints from pros about stamping on flowers & how to keep the depth in watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning layouts. I love seeing the water colour, unique and so eye catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning pages Lisa and Bernii! Really love what you did with this collection! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow ladies love your work with the Autumn Song collection...Lisa you are on a Dutch scrapbook site with this layout did you know that?? It's called www.scrobby.nl they used your layout as a model for the NEW BoBunny collections that are comming in their store next week! Xxx Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours in this collection and that water colour background by Bernii is so stunning. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete