Friday, January 3, 2014

The Avenues Misc Me

Today we have two of our designers, Irene and Romy, sharing their take on how to use Misc Me with The Avenues Misc Me collection. 


Something Worth Documented - Misc Me by Irene Tan


This is a Misc Me album which I am using as a "Something Worth Documented" journal book. It is a casual book where I've kept the design very simple. Here is the cover of my journal.


Today, I'll show you some of the pages in the "Street Art" section of this journal.







There is always something in our lives worth documented and you might need a go to a journal or book for it. The Misc. Me album is perfect for this. It allows you to add photographs to it and has tons of journaling pieces for you to use. The transparent pockets are so fun to use and the gorgeous designs on the papers saves you tons of time from decorating it. These are just part of my journal, I have dividers for each different topics.

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Trellis/ The Avenues
Cardstock: Coffee Vintage
Stickers: The Avenues Dimensional Stickers
Noteworthy: The Avenues
Brads: The Avenues
Chipboard: The Avenues Layered Chipboard
Blossoms: Natural Earth Daisy
Misc Me Binder: The Avenues
Misc Me Dividers: The Avenues Journal Dividers
Misc Me Stickers: The Avenues
Misc Me Contents: The Avenues Journal Contents
Misc Me Notepaper: The Avenues, Life Journal
Page Protectors: 3x4, 4x6, 6x8


Book of Me - Misc. Me by Romy Veul


When I first saw Misc Me, I immediately knew how I wanted to this wonderful product collection. Some years ago many people kept a BOM, aka a "Book of Me". It's a book with some random facts about yourself (favourite food, favourite song, favourite colours etc.) and some daily shots that you like. Because we all sometimes have those moments that we don't feel really well, I decided to make a book with all kinds of things that make me happy. Thus, when I'm feeling a little down sometimes, I have my Misc Me book that makes me smile. 


I started off by decorating my cover, but actually kept it rather simple. I just added a Noteworthy die-cut, a sticker from the Combo Sticker sheet and some jewels on top of it. 


I just love the fact that Misc Me. allows for adding lots of layers of paper and sleeves. I added some of the dividers in between the sleeves and decorated them with cut out birds and clocks.





In the sleeves I collected photos, journaling and some quotes that I love. I also decorated some of the Misc Me. cards with die-cuts, cut out images and quotes to add some nice touches to my Misc Me. pages.


On this page I journaled about some of my favourite meals and snacks. The spoon and fork die-cuts from the Noteworthy package appeared to be a really nice touch on this page.
I usually don't really like my handwriting, but for my Misc Me. project I made an exception and journaled by hand instead of typing my journaling. I found that it gave my album a bit of a personal touch.


As you can see, there are lots of possibilities on how to use the Misc Me. collection. I hope I inspired you to also make an album about the things that make you happy! 

Bo Bunny Supplies:
Misc Me The Avenues Binder
Misc Me The Avenues Weekly Contents
Page Protector: 4x6in, 3x4/4x6in
Journal Contents: Misc Me The Avenues
Notepaper: Misc Me The Avenues
Patterned paper: Clocks, Song bird, Treasures, Trellis/ The Avenues
Stickers: The Avenues Combo Sticker, The Avenues Sticker Misc Me
Noteworthy: The Avenues
Jewels: Frosting Jewels

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Misc Me ladies! Love them both! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic project! love it! I know it's take time but it's also so much fun to work with Misc Me and The Avenues is such a lovely collection.Can not wait to see the next one in this style ...:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice project . Hopefully I will have a chance to make a similar one as well . I love the papers that you used . If mine looks half as good as yours I will be very happy. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete