Friday, March 31, 2017

Fine Arts Friday using make a Splash and Iron Paste from Pentart with Ginny


Hey There BoBunny Peeps! Ginny here and  I'm just dropping in to share a pretty and nautically inspired wall hanging that I created with Make A Splash.  I wanted it to be a subtle theme....something you could hang in your powder room as an accent or maybe be a jumping off point for decorative towels and other accessories.

NauticalWall Hanging Fine Art By Ginny Nemchak For BoBunny using Make A Splash

I started by recycling a small frame that had a generous sized ledge and was deep enough to add spacers between the layers of papers. I love lots of texture!  I added a quick sketch line to give me an even amount of the existing frame showing then painted the rest with Pentart Iron Paste. Why did I choose that over just the regular acrylic paint? Because it leaves a fabulous texture and a subtle thick sparkle behind.  And, if you're careful with your brush marks it can resemble rustic wood grain.  Very cool.

NauticalWall Hanging Fine Art By Ginny Nemchak For BoBunny using Make A Splash

Applying some chunky hemp type roping in coordinating colors definitely adds some texture. That faux "cabochon" was easy peasy to create simply by attaching the small guards meant to be used to protect furniture from knick knacks right onto the patterned paper and fussy cutting them out. A little matching bling adds detail to the corner of the cut apart.

NauticalWall Hanging Fine Art By Ginny Nemchak For BoBunny using Make A Splash

Once I got on a roll with those faux cabochons I decided to add them to the bottom corner as well.  To balance the palm tree on the top I secured another one to the bottom...but just utilizing the foliage. A little anchor and fussy cut seahorse become the paired focal point and are topped off with the layered chipboard sticker. I selected the die cut and background from the Noteworthy set to help frame the focal images. To help the die cut coordinate I gave it a coat of the Iron Paste as well. I love the texture it adds.

NauticalWall Hanging Fine Art By Ginny Nemchak For BoBunny using Make A Splash

Okay that's all for me. Wishing all of you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative

Ginny :)



BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Make A Splash/ Ocean, Summertime
Chipboard: Make A Splash, Layered Chipboard
6 x 6 Paper Pad: Make A Splash
Noteworthy: Make A Splash
Double Dot Jewels/ Emerald

Pentart Supplies:
Iron Paste


1 comment: