Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Carousel Christmas and Pentart Mixed Media Layout with Marilyn

Hello everyone! It's Marilyn here with a mixed media layout with the gorgeous Carousel Christmas collection and products by Bo Bunny and Pentart.


 I started giving textures to my base paper (Joy) with the Winter Fun Stickable Stencil and the Sugar Glitter Paste. It created bright snowflakes on the background, then I added white paint splatters. The Joy paper has a few spots of yellow paint, so I created more yellow spots on the background with a mix of Pentart Acrylic Gold paint and gesso Primer Paste.


I cut out different images from the Wonder paper that I gave distress ink and added 3D foam tape to create dimension with them.  I placed the photo and then I added the different images to create the design on my layout.

I used the Happy Holidays as my title and to enhance it,  I cut the pink banner from the Floral paper and adhered it behind the quote with foam tape. I draped the Joy paper and place under the Believe paper.  I love how this is turning out! 

To make the project more visually interesting  I tied a white cord to the jingle bells. I made some dots with the Pearlecents to create more textures on the background.

I applied with a paintbrush the Gold Confetti Paste on the background and added pieces of cheesecloth between the embellishments, to give some additional texture.

Finally I added some buttons from the Ephemera package and some pearls. for the finishing touch!
I hope you find some inspiration,  Thanks for stopping by...until next time!!

Marilyn

Bo Bunny Supplies:
Pattern Papers: Carousel Christmas/ Joy, Floral, Wonder, Believe
Buttons- Ephemera: Carousel Christmas
Stickable Stencils- Winter Fun
Glitter Paste: Sugar
Confetti Paste: Gold
Jewels: Double Dots Tuxedo Jewels
Pearlescents: Sugar, Butterscoth

Pentart Supplies:
Creamy Acrylic: Baroque Gold
Primer Paste Gesso

10 comments: