Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Carousel Christmas and Pentart Mixed Media Layout with Marilyn

Hello everyone! It's Marilyn here with a mixed media layout with the gorgeous Carousel Christmas collection and products by Bo Bunny and Pentart.


 I started giving textures to my base paper (Joy) with the Winter Fun Stickable Stencil and the Sugar Glitter Paste. It created bright snowflakes on the background, then I added white paint splatters. The Joy paper has a few spots of yellow paint, so I created more yellow spots on the background with a mix of Pentart Acrylic Gold paint and gesso Primer Paste.


I cut out different images from the Wonder paper that I gave distress ink and added 3D foam tape to create dimension with them.  I placed the photo and then I added the different images to create the design on my layout.

I used the Happy Holidays as my title and to enhance it,  I cut the pink banner from the Floral paper and adhered it behind the quote with foam tape. I draped the Joy paper and place under the Believe paper.  I love how this is turning out! 

To make the project more visually interesting  I tied a white cord to the jingle bells. I made some dots with the Pearlecents to create more textures on the background.

I applied with a paintbrush the Gold Confetti Paste on the background and added pieces of cheesecloth between the embellishments, to give some additional texture.

Finally I added some buttons from the Ephemera package and some pearls. for the finishing touch!
I hope you find some inspiration,  Thanks for stopping by...until next time!!

Marilyn

Bo Bunny Supplies:
Pattern Papers: Carousel Christmas/ Joy, Floral, Wonder, Believe
Buttons- Ephemera: Carousel Christmas
Stickable Stencils- Winter Fun
Glitter Paste: Sugar
Confetti Paste: Gold
Jewels: Double Dots Tuxedo Jewels
Pearlescents: Sugar, Butterscoth

Pentart Supplies:
Creamy Acrylic: Baroque Gold
Primer Paste Gesso

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love the variety of paper and embellishments you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Thank you for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so so soooooo Beautiful.... All the different textures and those gorgeous papers YUUUMMMYY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Thank you so much Lindi!!!! :) x

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness !! What an amazing layout !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Marjorie!! :) x

    ReplyDelete