Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Double Dot Madness - A Handmade Card Trio with Elena


Hello BoBunny Friends,

It's me Elena here again to share a full set of cards I made using the a bunch of my most favorite BoBunny Essentials, and of course lots of brightly colored Double Dot papers!

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo1.JPG

I used only four sheets of paper and mixed the patterns to create the background and the layers on my cards.  This makes it economical, and keeps all the elements in the card set nicely coordinating.

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo1.JPG

I've used mainly the papers from Double Dot Vintage collection. But I also made some die cutting and die cut the doilies and the rectangles.

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo3.JPG

And, just for fun,  I created my own embellishments using Doodle Flowers stamps and and white vellum. I heat embossed the images with golden and ivory powders.

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo4.JPG

. . . . then fussy cut the images on the line.  They add such a nice golden glow to the finished cards.

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo5.JPG

But the main focus of my cards are those beautiful flowers with a vintage button in it, it has a crackle surface even that so perfectly matches the gold touches in my homemade embellishments.

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo6.JPG

  To add the color to the heart chipboard pieces, I used the apricot heat embossing powder without using any primer on the raw chipboard before

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo7.JPG

  To surround my flower cluster I've added the crochet flowers from the same Double Dot flower pack.

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo8.JPG

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo9.JPG

The Double Dot Flourish Jewels were added as a final touch to my cards.

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo10.JPG


Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo11.JPG

I hope you have liked my cards and that next time you might just  reach for all your Double Dot essentials and also give a try to the stamping to make your own embellishments.

Floral_Cards_Essentials_Elena_Feb27_Photo12.JPG


BoBunny Supplies:

Patterned Paper: Double Dot Vintage/ Passion Fruit, Orange Citrus, Wild Berry;  Double Dot Soft Shades/ Wine

Stamps: Flower Garden

Dies: Darling Doily, 3x4 Lattice Frame

Flowers: Dahlia Blossoms/ Harvest Orange, Clover, Natural Earth

Flourish Jewels: Ruby Red

Laser Cut Chipboard: Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment