Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Hello Spring! - A Handmade Card Duo featuring BoBunny Clear Stamps and Double Dot Designs with Angela


Hello Friends! It's Angela here today to welcome you to the BoBunny blog.

It's finally springtime, and the daylight is slowly becoming longer.  Here in Italy, the weather in my town is getting a bit warmer. Yeah!!

To worthily welcome spring, I created a couple of cards, using the BoBunny Floral Stamp set, but utilizing two different techniques.

flower_stamp_card_angela_mar18_01.jpg


For both cards, I started mounting all the flowers and the leaves of the stamp set on my Stamp Block, so that I could stamp them all in ones. For stamping, I used watercolor paper and then I heat-embossed with white embossing powder. Last, I colored each flower and leaf using watercolor pen brushes.

Then, with a bit of patience, I fussy cut all the pieces. It's worth the time for me to cut the pieces, because the end result is always beautiful.


flower_stamp_card_angela_mar18_02.jpg

The first card, the pink one, has a romantic style and a more clean look. It is created on a white square cardstock and mounted on a pink card.

All the flowers are mounted on a gold wire wreath that I made simply rolling the wire in a circle.

flower_stamp_card_angela_mar18_03.jpg


The sentiment Happy Spring is stamped and heat-embossed on a punched circle of vellum and stuck with a couple of glue dots in the center of the wreath.
A few other details like a tied ribbon and some dots and voilĂ , the card is finished.


flower_stamp_card_angela_mar18_04.jpg


The second card, the light blue one, has a mottled, watercolor look because I went for a mixed-media background.


flower_stamp_card_angela_mar18_05.jpg


I prepared the surface with white gesso, I colored it with the packaging technique, then I stenciled with structure paste.
For the rest, the method I used to make it is always the same, with the gold wire wreath in the center of the card and the flowers glued to the top of it.


flower_stamp_card_angela_mar18_06.jpg


This time the flowers are gathered on one side of the wreath and the sentiment is heat-embossed in black. As a finishing touch, I added a few drops of gold mist here and there.


flower_stamp_card_angela_mar18_07.jpg


I hope you like these two similar but different kind of card and I would be curious to know which one you prefer and why.

Thanks for stopping by and see you next time.

Love,

NG


BoBunny Supplies:

12" Ocean Vintage Double Dot Collection

12" Passion Fruit Vintage Double Dot Collection

Flower Garden Stamp set

BoBunny White Gesso

Pentart Structure Paste

Brocade Stickable Stencils

Tutu Double Dot Pearlescents


























4 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards! Your flowers are gorgeous, and yes, it is worth all the fussy cutting! I also like the addition of the gold wire - never thought of putting that on a card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret! I'm glad you like them both!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card idea! You could use this idea for all the seasons and holidays! A 4th of july with flags balloons and banners, fall with stamped leaves and stamped apples. So many ideas!

    ReplyDelete