Thursday, March 22, 2018

Vintage Inspired Mixed Media Layout featuring Charmed and On this Day with Marilyn




Hello everyone!!  It's Marilyn here,  I hope all of you are good today!  For my project today, I  made a mixed media layout combining two collections: Charmed and On this Day.  There were so many yummy elements from each collection and I just didn't want to have to choose between them! 





My base paper is the "Dance" from the Charmed collection. It has a beautiful design with zig-sag stitches. First, I applied gesso with a paint brush in the area that I was going to apply paints. Once dry, I added textures with the Lace Stickable stencil and Modeling Paste.







I cut out  images from papers of the On This Day collection. The cute girl and the photo mat are from the March paper and the butterflies are from the April paper.  The book at the bottom of the photo is from the Perfection paper of the Charmed collection.  I rolled the edges of the paper on the photo mat and the book to give the paper some lift and texture. 








I cut and adhered pieces of the Chocolate jewels behind each butterfly to create the effect of the flight route.

I added flower and doily from the Clover Dahlia blossom package and adhered some Emerald pearls seen below:










   







I hope you find some inspiration! Thanks for stopping by...until next time!

Marilyn


Bo Bunny Supplies:

Pattern Paper: Charmed- Dance, Perfection

On This Day- March

Blossoms- Clover Dahlia

Jewels: Chocolate Jewels

Double Dot Emerald jewels

Stickable Stencil- Lace







1 comment: