Thursday, May 28, 2015

Mixed Media Memories!


Hello BoBunny Friends! Today I have a mixed media layout to share with you featuring the Heritage collection and lots of BoBunny stamps!

Memories Layout- Lisa Novogrodski

This layout features a photo of my grandfather along with his brother taken in the early 1900's. I love playing with my photos and staging them in different style layouts. I'm heavily into mixed media these days and worked up a grungy page with lots of mists, stamps and stencils. Mixed Media pages are as much about technique as they are the photo.

 First up I layered my papers with paper tearing techniques then blended the edges in with stamping. I stamped around the edges of the page and my inner papers using "To The Point" and "Stitches" stamps. I used the "Flutter" stamp all over my page in a mixed media way. Mixed Media is all about layering and stamps are a fun way to do this. Layering your stamps in a random way and then stamping over them creates interesting effects. You want to achieve the "Is it there or not there - Is that what I think it is" effect!


I love to use the Butterfly Stickable Stencils for my modeling paste. I usually use the inner design of them rather than creating a butterfly stencil.


One favorite technique I use is adding a little texture and medium to my photos to blend them into the page. I use my photos as another embellishment on my pages rather than the page being mainly about the photo.

BoBunny Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Heritage,  Census, Belong, Family Record/ Heritage
Layered Chipboard: Heritage
Brads: Heritage
Stamp Stickers: Heritage
Chipboard: Heritage
Trinkets: The Avenues
Stickable Stencils: Brocade, Butterfly
Stamps: Flutter, It Is Written, Stained Texture, Stitches, To The Point
Stamp Block Set
Ink Pad: Licorice, Blueberry, Wildberry
Wood: Kraft Wood Keys and Butterflies
Pearlescents: Island Mist, Butterscotch
Glimmer Spray: Bronze, Frost, Gold

9 comments:

  1. Great job. I want to try mixed media. I am "collecting" the products and things to get started. Thanks for sharing. :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come over and check out things up close, I really love how grungy this page is, really magnificent details! love it! xox

    ReplyDelete