Sunday, July 23, 2017

Sunday Funday Mermaid Party with Ginny


Happy Sunday Funday BoBunny Peeps! I'm dropping in to share some party inspired projects with the fabulous Down By The Sea Collection. I was thinking to myself what would be more fun than a mermaid party? Obviously a party with these awesome mermaid wands and a crown. So I channeled the five year old in me and created these whimsical accessories.

Mermaid Party Crown and Wands by Ginny Nemchak using BoBunny Down By The Sea Collection and Pentart Supplies
The mermaids were the focal images so I added them to all the pieces.

Mermaid Party Crown and Wands by Ginny Nemchak using BoBunny Down By The Sea Collection and Pentart Supplies
Who doesn't want to wear a crown on their Birthday? For this I simply cut (2)  6 x 12 inch strips then joined them on one end and cut a scallop at the top. After deciding what would be a good fit for a small persons head I joined the other side to create the crown.  I accented the top simply by dipping my finger in some Brilliant Blue Pearlescents and just ran it around the front and back. Next came the mermaid image and sentiment then it was topped off with coordinating BoBunny Blossoms and Double Dot Jewels.  Last but not least some eyelash trim to give the impression of netting.

Mermaid Party Crown and Wands by Ginny Nemchak using BoBunny Down By The Sea Collection and Pentart Supplies
These mermaid wands are for the guests to enjoy and have matching images as the crown.  The patterned papers are cut and stacked with foam spacers between the layers.The edges were finished like the crown by finger painting with Pearlescents. I colored some Pentart 3D Powder with more of the Brilliant Blue then adhered it to the bottom of the top circle. Once dry I dabbed some Gold and Caribbean Glitter Paste to accent it and give the illusion of water. More of the eyelash trim was wound around and secured.  I created fun accents for the wands by trimming thin strips of the paper and winding them around a pen to create spirals then tucked them in behind the top circle.  It's topped off with a shimmery ribbon bow and flowers that were finished with more of the Glitter Paste.

Mermaid Party Crown and Wands by Ginny Nemchak using BoBunny Down By The Sea Collection and Pentart Supplies
 For the handle of the wand I used straws that already had a stripe and just embellished it with more of the Brilliant Blue and Gold Glitter. This did take a little patience....but well worth the happy smiles for some cute kiddos when they get to be mermaids for the day : )

Okay that's all for me. Wishing everyone a happy and productive day : ) G


BoBunny Supplies:

Patterned Paper: Down By The Sea/ Down By The Sea, Fantasy, Paradise

Glitter Paste: Caribbean, Gold, Seafoam

Pearlescents, Brilliant Blue

BoBunny Blossoms/ Clover Zinnia,Buttercup Bouquet

Double Dot Jewels, Aqua Jewels



Pentart Supplies:

3D Powder
Patina Effect Powder

2 comments:

  1. They are absolutely GORGEOUS!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of mermaids....I think I need to try this for them. Wonderfully creative.

    ReplyDelete