Friday, June 9, 2017

Altered Shadow Box Frame with Down by the Sea and Irit





Hello, dear crafty friends and welcome to my BoBunny Fine Arts post this week. 

Today I am going to share an alteration of a cheap plastic $1 shadow box frame made with the newly released Down by the Sea collection, some of other new BoBunny released tools and products  and a lot of old and new Pentart mediums and paints.

Take Me to the Ocean Altered Shadow Box by Irit Shalom

  
It's not a tutorial post, but still I want to share the ways this plastic box was altered.

So as it's a plastic surface I first covered it inside and out with Pentart White acrylic primer.

When it was dry I painted it with all possible blue and greenish acrylic paints from Pentart that I have in my stash.  I included the full supply list is at the end of this post for you to see.

Then I added a layer of Pentart Classic Crackle Varnish and you can see the gorgeous result mostly inside the box as the outer frame was painted with more paints and mediums and a good portion of the of the result was obscured, but the effect is still quite strong.

Then the circles were added using Turquoise and Sea Foam Glitter pastes and the new fantastic Backsplash thick stencil.

Three different BoBunny glimmer sprays were added over the dry area and I added 3D Balls and powder on the bottom to plump up the texture and give it depth.

The inside of the box was made with four layers of torn cardstock and one single die cut from the Mandala die and then the chipboard pieces were added inside and over the frame.





 Here are some close-ups to the background on the frame:


Inside of the box:


And the close- up to the bottom background:



BoBunny Supplies

Down by the Sea Collection-

Down by the Sea Mermaids 12'' cardstock

Mystical 12'' cardstock

Coral 12'' cardstock

Fantasy 12'' cardstock

Down by  the Sea Noteworthy

Down by the Sea Chipboard

Down by the Sea Layered Chipboards

Mandala Craft Die

Backsplash Stencil

Glitter Paste Turquoise

Glitter Paste Seafoam

Glimmer Spray Gold

Glimmer Spray Mint

Glimmer Spray Frost

Double Dot Aqua brads





Pentart Supplies:

Acrylic primer white

 Delicate Metallic Dark gold  acrylic paint

Glamour Metallic Greenish acrylic paint

Creamy Acrylic paint White

Creamy Acrylic paint Blue

Creamy Acrylic paint Baby Blue

Metallic acrylic paint Teal

Creamy acrylic paint Jade

Classic Crackle varnish- 2 components

Crackling paste- 2  components

Crackle medium

3D powder - Course

3D balls

Gel paste

Bead paste

Express glue

I really hope that I inspired you with my altered full of mediums and paints project and you would try to make one by your own.

1 comment:

  1. I love this..I have 4 square wooden frame shadow boxes to do (they graduate in size). Your frame gave me inspiration on how to do mine, with the layering. I want to do cat theme or ocean theme.

    ReplyDelete